Sunday, June 28, 2009

Look out Omaha!

Saturday we packed up the car and drove to Omaha for the day to meet Jack and Bella's new cousin Lily. Lily was born in the end of February to my brother and Caitlin. She's precious. It's been such a hectic couple of months and since our kids are bigger and in day care, exposed to germs and yucky stuff, we thought it was better to wait and this weekend was the perfect time. Lily is beautiful. We had a nice lunch with Jason and Caitlin and then even headed over to Aunt Katina's store where I got some fabulous new clothes!! That's my shameless plug for my sister's store, Katina's Couture in Omaha. Check it out!!!
Also this week Nana and Popi stopped by on their way home from a nice relaxing trip to the lake. They brought with them some sweet Chuck Taylors for both Jack and Bella. Bella's are pink and fit her pretty well now. Jack's are a little big so we haven't put them on him yet. Here are some pictures of Bella with her new kicks. As you will notice I have pulled all of her old bows back out and she's started wearing them again with her ponytails. I am pretty sure no one cares about this except Nana and I but it's pretty cute!
While we are on the topic of shoes, the funniest thing happened today..... Jack and Bella both have a thing for shoes and tend to play with Nathaniel's and mine and hide them (not on purpose of course - they just end up where they end up...elmo baskets, cabinets, coupe cars....etc...etc.... you get the point). Today we were trying to leave to run some errands and grab lunch when I discovered that I couldn't find my shoes to leave. After Nathaniel and I searched for about 5 minutes with no luck, Nathaniel said "let's find Mommy's shoes!" and off Jack went over to the cabinet, opened it and pulled them out and handed them to me. We laughed so hard. It was so sweet. We told him what a good job he did and even shared a brownie at lunch!
Well, I better get this thing posted before Nana calls me again wondering why I haven't posted any pictures yet! Here ya go Mom.....












No comments: