Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's happening.....

It's hard to believe that 2 years ago this week I was cursing the sun and the heat and just wishing the babies would be born. Next Saturday, on September 5th, our little wonders will turn 2. I can't believe how the time has flown. I remember when I was 18 weeks and we looked at the sono and heard the words "dear, you have 2 babies." Talk about a rush of emotion. First I looked down to my tummy which wasn't even a bump yet and wondered where on earth they would go. Then I looked to my husband and wondered how on earth would we do it. Two babies at once! Talk about going from zero to 60!!! Within weeks I was sporting the most amazing baby belly. It's like a woman at work said to me "Wow! You went from zero to pregnant over night!" I'm getting off track here...... I remember looking at both Jack and Bella when they were born and knowing what it felt like to love something more than I could imagine. I love my husband more than life itself, but a Mother's love is a different love. It's a protective, I'll never let anything happen to you or EVER stop worrying about you love. I wake up in the morning and can't wait to hear their voices or hear the funny things they will say. I leave work and I can't get out of downtown traffic and to day care fast enough to pick them up. I find myself sitting alone and smiling at something funny that one (or both) of them did. The last 2 years have been the most amazing and fulfilling years of my life. Nathaniel and I live to watch them grow and thank God everyday for this wonderful blessing. We decided to have some pictures taken today for their second birthday and I have posted a few. Enjoy!!!

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."






2 comments:

Suze said...

SUCH a sweet post! And adorable pics! That kissing one cracks me up..
LOVE the quote!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Love from Aunt Carol & Uncle Dave