Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Genius of John Hughes

If we had a choice, I think we'd chose John Hughes script out our twins' birth.

If you haven't had a chance you should watch the classic 1988 movie, "She's Having a Baby", I recommend it. I also dare you to not be touched by the montage at the end of the movie. The mixture of the brilliance of Kate Bush's, "This Woman's Work" and the always delightful Kevin Bacon make for a very heart wrenching few minutes.

In case you don't have time to check this out, I've embedded the clip below.





..
Just so you know, they have a lovely, healthy baby boy named Zorgue (you'd have to see Dan Akroyd in the credits to appreciate that).

While we haven't been stuck in the rain lately or painted anything in awhile I remember every minute of our 2+ year marriage...I wish J. Hughes were around to make a montage of it.

Comment if you cry,
The N's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three times - everytime I had someone come in to watch it with me. The biggest blessing...to have a son-in-law with the sensitivity to 'get it' I love you - all four! Love Nana