Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Innately added safety feature...

This morning on my way to work while driving down the war zone (the best way to describe the construction equipment littered highway that we take to work everyday) I realized that I've added an innate and automatic safety system to the car. In fact, any car that I now drive has this added feature.

This new and cutting edge safety device is my arm. Yes, my arm. As I slammed on my brakes to avoid the car in front of me in the single lane of hell that is 169 South, my arm flung toward the passenger seat as a sort of barrier between the air sitting next to me and the dash. I remember, as I'm sure many of you do, my mom using that same technique with me in the passenger seat.

I know that this "arm belt" motion probably wouldn't help in a serious crash, but I guess it's just another step toward parenthood!

I hope I don't throw a forearm into anyone's head while driving,
Nathaniel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, yea ole' Soccer Mom swing. I know it well.
-Suzy

Anonymous said...

You device is kicking in early...nice!